I love cars. I was the little girl who loved Barbies AND Hot Wheels. And every year, I watched the Indy 500, dreaming of the day I would zoom around the track. Then I hit adult-hood and the childhood dreams faded faster than you can say “zoom zoom.” I tried to maintain a little cool zipping through traffic in my Saab. Even my son who was in a car seat at the time accused me of being “a hard driving momma.”
But, until I recently got a new car, my ride for the last decade had been pretty pedestrian. The good old Honda Oddy. I sexied the van up a wee bit with some stickers, but tooling around the ‘burbs even in this epic terrestrial version of the USS Enterprise’s transfer shuttle seriously detracts from my cool factor. Of course, cocktailing and cruising the ‘burbs (or anyplace) do not mix. So I enjoy the spirit of the drink through my alcohol-inspired play list.
Vote for your favorite Cruisin’ Tune or volunteer your own and I’ll put your name in a drawing for an Original Thirsty Jane Prize Patrol Package.
In no apparent order:
1. LMFAO — Shots
2. Don Ho — Tiny Bubbles
3. UB40 — Red, Red Wine
4. The Champs — Tequila
5. Snoop Dogg — Gin & Juice (this one stuck in my head for days once!)
6. Janis Joplin — What Good Can Drinking Do
7. The Dead Kennedys — Too Drunk to F@#$
8. George Thorogood — One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer
9. Guadalcanal Diary — Whiskey Talk
10. Beastie Boys — Brass Monkey (did you know that’s actually a drink?)